Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2013 15:06:10 -0400
If I had my druthers, I'd opt for the basement.  You might be okay with 18
feet depending on your operating frequency.  I wouldn't go much longer with
that though, because you start getting to the point where your ground might
be a quarter wavelength of your operating frequency, which then causes it to
radiate and creates RFI.

Steve, K8SP