From:
"Alan R. Downing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2014 11:15:14 -0700
Times Micro cable, like LMR400 or LMR600, all have an aluminum sleeve over
the braid and dielectric.  Crimping the connectors makes a tighter and more
secure attachment.  You are likely ok if the person did a proper job of
soldering the connectors on.  If it is working right now, just run it as it
might last a long time before a problem arises with the soldered connector.
The next time, buy crimp connectors and a crimper to affix them to the coax.

Alan/KD7GC

Alan R. Downing
Phoenix, AZ