From:
"Dr. Ronald E. Milliman]\\\\`" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2015 09:42:11 -0600
A very good friend of mine, Don Porter (W9LXI), purchased a Radio Shack
franchise to put a store in Eddyville Kentucky which would serve a 40 mile
radius around the Eddyville area. Well within that franchise territory is
Princeton Kentucky. The franchise contract stipulated that Radio Shack would
not allow or establish any other Radio Shack store within that defined
geographic territory. My friend shelled out a very, very substantial amount
of money for the franchise, the store facility, inventory, staffing, etc.
Within five years, Radio Shack established a corporate owned store in
Princeton. They ran special promotions, with substantially reduced prices
and drove my friend out of business. Don explored his legal options and was
told that Radio Shack would fight him in court and drag the proceedings out
so long with its cadre of attorneys that he would go bankrupt before he ever
saw one single penny from Radio Shack. So, Don sold off his inventory  and
building, and took his losses. Did I hear someone say: "illegal,"
"unscrupulous?"

Ron, K8HSY