Date:
Wed, 15 Jul 2009 23:07:18 -0400
Hi list.
I have vary limited space, and would like to put up a wire antenna.
I thought you all might have some good ideas for me to try.
My back yard is about 15 by 26 feet.
It's actually a little wider than that, but the power line coming in to the house comes across the back yard, I don't want any wire running under or over that.
Along side the house I have 79 feet from front sidewalk to back fence.
I figure I could put some kind of antenna there but don't know what kind to get or how to set it up.
I would like to put up some thing that is pretty much omni directional and covers as many bands as possible since I don't have much room to work with.
I have the Cushcraft R7 up about 8 feet, but I don't get out vary well on it.
I have it grounded to the back fence which is chain link.
I'm thinking about fastening it to one of the poles on the upper porch and grounding it to a ground rod or 3.
That should get it up around 25 or 30 feet at the bottom of the antenna.
I can use the R7 for 40 through 10, but would like to get something for 80, and possibly for 160.
The set up I have now just isn't cutting it.
So far I've only made 6 contacts below 10 meters since I upgraded to general back in May.
Thanks in advance for any help, and 73.