From:
Ron Yearns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2013 17:43:56 -0500
Wel as it stands the furnance is burning air out of the house and it is
being made up from bringing air in through cracks around windows, doors and
lotks of other places.  The furnance could be retrofitted to bring in only
outside air for combustion.  Then the house could be sealed with the
addition of a air to air heat exchanger for fresh air and oxygen to breath.
Some money but likely not as much as solar cells.
Actually not having done this I really don't know, but that is my logic.
Ron