From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 2010 14:53:58 -0600
yep, it's illegal to knowingly seek out and talk to dx or distant stations
on the designated north american citizens band frequencies IE 26.965 to
27.405MHZ.
I read it once, but I forget exactly how they define distance.
I believe it actually might only mean outside of your own country.
there are also regulations surrounding antenna gain and types of
antennas...your not supposed to use a directional antenna on the cb
frequencies or exceed a certain EIRP...in canada anyway
of course, the band is very seldom regulated or regulations enforced unless
there are complaints to industry canada, or the FCC in the US.
there is nothing you can do if your signal is being received by a dx
station, as long as you don't knowingly try to contact that station.
again, it's also illegal to use more than 12W of transmitter power into the
antenna on SSB on the cb frequencies and how many CB'ers actually adhere to
that reg hi hi.
73
Colin, V A6BKX