From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2009 23:09:29 -0500
Lou,

When I was a Novice in 1961, I dreamed about having an HR10.  At the time,
all I had was a Heathkit AR2 with a Q-multiplier which doubled as a BFO
before I got that part of the receiver working.  That old AR2 drifted as
much as your VF-1, and the only thing that kept me from being a 40-meter
nomad was the fact that my DX40 was crystal controlled.  Funny how your
perspective changes.  Now I find myself thinking I might want to upgrade my
TS-480, but it's so much better than any of that old Heath gear I had.  I
still think about getting a DX-100, which was my dream transmitter, but I
guess I'll have to take the HR-10 off my wish list.

Steve