From:
Russ Kiehne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Dec 2015 06:37:55 -0800
I saw the following message on the victor reader stream list:

I got my 256gb sd card today. It works fine in the Stream. Remember the
following points:
(1) If you have it in the Stream and go to format and are told there is
no sd card, just take it out and put it in again.
(2) If you are a Mac user, this is what may happen. The card works fine
when you put it in the card reader on your Mac. But after you format it
on the Stream, when you put it in the card reader on your Mac you will be
told the card is not readable and will be asked if you want to
initialize
the disk or ignore it. Choose initialize and disk utility will open.
Find
your card and choose erase from the toolbar. In the window for erasing,
xfat was shown as the partitioning system but I changed it to MS Dos.
Once
I did this, the erasure was successful. I then put the card back in the
Stream and it was not necessary to reformat again and the card worked
fine
both in Stream and Mac.
(3) I'm not noticing delays when using the larger card except that I
got
"please wait" when I first went into music but after that things seemed
run smoothly. So your mileage may vary from card to card or depending
on
what you have loaded on it, but I would say that the 256gb card is
useable
in the Stream once reformatted and also works in the Blaze in case
anybody
is wondering about that.

Cheryl