From:
Michael Thurman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2014 23:48:12 -0400
I agree!!!!!!! God forbid the kid cry and learn to deal with his or her emotions when he or she loses a game,  God forbid a kid is ever allowed to scrape his knee, learn not to run quite as fast and pay attention.  The best advice I ever heard of was from a blind girl who was running through the house and ran ingot he table and landed on her butt and hit her head on the table. After the parent made sure she was physically ok she got a hard smack to he rump and was told to go to her room until she could learn to  pay attention, cause the table had not bee moved in a year. She said she never forgot that lesson and is glad her parents did that. she learned to pay attention and deal with life. Our society wants to wrap kids in bubble wrap and never scold them or expect  obedience or consequences, and look what are are breeding… a bunch of people who can’t make decisions or handle life.