Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 2014 18:06:26 -0500
The receiver is a bit better than the TS-2000, it hears pretty well.

DSP filters are much better than the TS-2000 or older rigs.  There are
different noise reduction modes that you can use; and you can do quite a bit
with that and the different noise-reduction settings and the low/high
frequency cutoff bandpass filtering to help reduce noise when on SSB.