Date:
Thu, 16 Jul 2009 12:28:24 -0400
Hi Steve.
I'm located in Hagerstown Maryland.
There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the R7.
I made 4 contacts on 40, and 2 on 20.
The R7 seems to work best on 10 which I'm not counting because I had
privileges with my tech license.
I have a 30 foot tower along side the back porch which has a dual band VHF
and UHF antenna on it.
I don't want to use that for support because I would have to run wire over
or under the power line.
I have a 40 foot tower in the basement I can put in the yard along side the
house if I can find somebody to put it up.
Failing that, I can always rig up some kind of mast.
I can live with out 160, but I'd really like to get on 80.
I have a Heathkit SB-220 I'm working on getting set up.
I need to get the cable to hook it to my Kenwood TS-430.
I also need to find some way to tune the amp.
I plan to get a LDG TW-1.
I understand I can use that to tune the amp, but money is tight right now.
I plan to get the TW-1 next month, if I can find one.
Right now I'm more concerned with getting a half decent antenna system set
up.
Later I'll work on getting the amp going.
Thanks for your help, and 73.