From:
Date:
Sun, 22 Dec 2013 18:04:24 -0600
Merry Christmas, happy holidays, and season greetings to all of my ham
buddies here on our Blind Hams email list. I sincerely hope Santa is as good
this year to all of you as Santa was to me! We just returned from our
11-night Caribbean cruise, and when I got home, I had a brand new Kenwood
TS-590, a new TM-V71A, a new power supply, a really neat full-wave loop
antenna and some other goodies all waiting for me. I'm anxious to get them
on the air. Admittedly, I'm a bit intimidated by the front panel of the
TS-590, but if all of you TS-590 users can figure it out and make it work, I
suspect I can too! <lol> I am especially excited about this full-wave loop
antenna that a good ham friend of mine made for me; it is cut for 80 meters
but it is supposed to work on all bands with the auto tuner in the TS-590.
So, I shall see.

73, and I hope to talk to you on the air in the near future.

Ron, K8HSY