From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2006 21:40:13 -0500
Unfortunately people can "chat" with each other on echolink with no RF which
is the main thing I don't like about it, it wouldn't be so bad if people
didn't actually brag about talking across the world that way. Anyway, they
say conference or private conference because that's what they are, the
conferences a lot of people can connect to, the private ones are private,
you'd need the owner's permission, the ones that say the frequency as mine
did, some people say that when they have a link or repeater hooked up. I
used that listen only thing when I had my link up a couple times but I don't
know if a user can use that, it's possible.