From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Jan 2016 14:46:30 -0500
That's the thing, every company has their own so it's very hard to decide
what to buy if you want to get in to it. If they do settle on one in amateur
radio maybe I'll look at that option but while there are so many, I have
what I have and other than that for the little vhf/uhf I do, I'll stay with
analog. I know people who have spent a whole lot of money on a radio for
each of the digital options and when I can't afford to live, that won't be
me, plus the fact with all the public service I do, the same radio gets
grabbed every time anyway. I pretty much grab the 900 MHz radio and/or my
vhf radio with every group I'm in's channels in it and all the rest of the
radios collect dust. Once in a while for a public service event something
else comes out but it's rare.