From:
Pat Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Sep 2009 12:52:51 -0500
Damned nice idea to know that I'm not the only old crabby b***ard around!!
I do have a digital radio at the office and the AM digital sounds
good and is, honestly easier to understand.  My only AM radio
interest is WBBM; the rest is talk and yelling former jocks on the
SCR and AM1000 (ESPN).  And somehow my office is a F M dead
zone.  Not nearly enough signal except for one religious station,
which broadcasts two HD channels plus the primary and our local
community college station which features jazz, current not Dixieland,
and it all sounds the same!!  (Whioops!!! crabby again)!!
I'm still waiting for promised antenna help Tom.  Have the PVC in
place through the office wall, through the crawl space and to the
outside but no one has shown up for the shooting of the line in to
the trees to drag up the antenna.  And you can't get pissed off at
people who are giving you their time can you, but boy I wish they'd
hurry!!!  And either the Windom or the Mystery antenna will go
up.  Depends on tree configuration I think.  I'd love to have both of
them up, but beggars can't be choosers!!
Is Sue teaching out there?  Joanna has gotten a job with our local
Park District who runs a Kindergarten Enhancement program to
suplement the half day kindergarten program in our
village.  Thirty-six hours per weekk four days at not too good wages
and no benefits, but it is real teaching and will look good on a
resume.  She will hopefully be called to sub. on Mondays and is
working as the morning manager on Sundays at a local restaurant so
she's getting by.  Still living with us and helping out so we're not
making a big deal of room and board.  And in fact we'd kind of miss
her if she moved away!!
Our oldest guy is coming by to replace a couple of outlets in a half
hour or so and I had better find the replacement parts before he gets
here.  I'd do it myself but it is too damned hard to chase down the
appropriate circuit breakers!!  And Chris just does it with the
circuit live!!  And I won't intentionally ever do that!!