From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2011 09:39:30 -0500
Mark,

Here are a few random thoughts.  remember, my advice is worth every
penny you paid for it.

Sometimes after a GFI is reset, it will be fine and not trip again, so
reset and run full power and see what happens.

If it still trips, try transmitting into a dummy load.  If you don't
have one, remember what Fred Sanford said: "Get a dummy load, ya big dummy".

If it still trips when transmitting into the dummy load,  check your
station ground and all interconnecting cables between rig, tuner,
meters, andwhatever else is in the station.

While this will probably turn out to be an antenna thing, try and
elimenate other stuff first, like the a.c.  If possible, run on battery
power, or plug the power supply into a different branch circuit while on
the dummy load.  If you track it down to the a.c., ferrites on the power
supply line cord and the cable between ps and radio may help.

If you track it down to the antenna/feedline after all, a balun or choke
can help reduce feedline radiation.   Cheapest solution is wind your own
choke.  Various formulas, usually 6 to 10 turns of coax on a 6 inch
diameter.    Placed at the feedpoint is best, but in a pinch, anywhere
can work, even in the shack.

Last resort may be to move the antenna so it is farther away from the house.

73, good luck, Steve KW3A