From:
Russ Kiehne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2011 07:50:16 -0800
Here's my review on this radio when I had one.

I don't know if I'm expecting too much from the Superradio or if
it's the nature of the newer generation of Superradios.

During the day, I use some of the following stations for testing
reception.  I don't use my loop unless noted.  All these stations
are 70 miles south of my location.

KSRK, 540 AM, Carmel Valley.  The Superradio had slightly better
reception than my Dx-398

KIDD, 630 AM, Monterey was a different story.  I heard KFRC 610 AM
with low audio.  If I used my Torus loop then I could receive KIDD.
I can pick up this station on my DX-398.

KSCO, 1080 AM, Santa Cruz.  I would either hear the audio from
KTCT, 1050 AM or KFAX, 1100 AM.  I tried using my Torus loop with
no luck.  I normally listen to KNX 1070 at night for the drama
hour, KSco Saturday afternoons for The Golden Age of radio with my
Dx-398.

Using my 27 inch Torus loop with the DX-398, I get better
selectivity than the Ge Superadio, direct frequency access, great
sensitivity!