From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Aug 2015 10:56:10 -0400
Ron,

Took the liberty of tweaking the subject line.

I agree that everybody has their own definition of just what is "blind
friendly".   I know that you use the LDG tuner with your Kenwood 590
with great success.

If I remember right, you have a pf key set for the TX tune function that
allows the  radio to drop in power and put out a cw carrier for tuning
the external tuner.   The other option is to  add a resistor to the
radio's molex tuner jack to disable the internal tuner, letting you  hit
the radio's tune button to put out the low power carrier.

So it would seem that the LDG is quite usable, even  though it doesn't
"interface" with the Kenwood.

I do have  an MFJ 998 that does require some initial setup.  With it's
wrap around menus, it is  easier to do this with sighted help, but
generally once set up,  you don't have to mess with it.

I do like the  interface ability between the radio and tuner of the MFJ,
and the  amp keying bypass is nice, especially with solid state amps.

73, Steve KW3A