From:
Richard Fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 2013 16:19:58 -0400
Hi;
Managed to get out of digest mode which made for lots more e-mail but in
the long run is easier.  I too am one of those folks who says any
antenna is better than none.
I mentioned about a week ago that I was having issues with my hf9v.
Works fine on 80 and 40 all things considered.  Took a look at 20 15 and
10 and the swr was relatively flat between 4/1 and 5/1  We have checked
the capacitors with a meter and all was well.  Changing the length had a
nominal difference.
Since my geography kind of dictates that I'm going to use a roof mounted
vertical wonder what others have good luck with?
I have used an r8 which worked reasonably well but the thing kept coming
down.  My lot is about 60 by 140 but lots of electric wires running
diagonally across the yard so ground mounting is kind out of the question.
Any suggestions appreciated.

--
richard