From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Sep 2015 12:48:37 -0600
Hey Christian:
Unfortunately you cannot use the keypad on the front of the radio to enter
DTMF tones in real time...this is probably the one biggest complaint I have
with the ts2000, and more or less the only major complaint lol.  I used a
dtmf hand microphone with mine, and I also used a couple other things like
an old dtmf tone generator and even the touch tones on my cell phone for a
while.
You can program dtmf strings into the radio, but this is one of the very few
things that is totally inaccessible...
Perhaps jim's software allows one to access that set of menus so you can
enter the dtmf strings on the computer and have them fire off with a key
press while transmitting I don't know.
For a radio that is slightly more than 15 years old now, it's still one of
the most accessible radios out there.
As for the firmware, if you buy a new one it'll already be updated...and I
believe the last firmware update was quite a few years ago now.
If I were you, I'd spring for the new rig with power supply and speech
chip...you get warranty and the knowledge that you have a radio that hasn't
been used or abused in any way.

73
Colin, V A6BKX