From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Dec 2014 11:48:50 -0700
I've got an MC85 and by the time they made that mike, they thought of
putting a ferrite doughnut around the cable just after it passes into the
base of the mike...I still have RFI issues so I run a ground brade from the
base of the mike to the radio's ground lug.
I also put a second ferrite choke inside the mike and another one at the
radio end of the cable.  I still have RFI issues on 80 if I turn the gain
all the way up on the mike...but with kenwood radios and a kenwood amplified
mike, you certainly don't need to run that much gain.

73
Colin, V A    6BKX