From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2011 13:46:35 -0700
I suspect any of the Ham HT antenna makers don't offer antennas with the
opposite type of SMA connecters on the base of the antenna that you'll need.
So, to get a decent antenna for the Ham bands, you'll probably have to
invest in a gender bender of some kind...obviously a solid barrel type.
Another route might be to get the female SMA to female BNC barrel connecter,
which might be easier to locate, and buy a BNC terminated antenna instead of
an SMA type.
All the ham ht antenna makers offer their major antennas in both BNC and SMA
type.
though now that i've said, someone has probably gone and made SMA only
antennas since that is the most common connecter out there now.
73
Colin, V A6BKX