From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2014 07:35:38 -0600
That begs the question, why is the bios not staying stable?
Its not the tubes, its what is ruining the tubes.
I have never used the ft-102, but I have used the ft-101.  Not sure how
different they are, but might be a lot.
The ft-101 did not use 6146 finals, as I recall.
With those PI networks, its not the output that is critical, but having the
final tuned to resonance.
Nobody will ever hear the difference between 185 watts and 140 watts output.