From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2011 13:07:11 -0500
Sorry, no info for Mac software.  For Windows PSK:  Many of us have
tried a bunch of stuff with varying degrees of success.  As you
mentioned Digitalk is  far out of date.  In fact, after John's post, i
tried running it on a old Win 98 pc, but it kept crashing.

Try Digipan, which is free and kind of works a little bit sometimes.
In JAWS, the jaws cursor can help give you the incoming text in a
reasonable fashion.    I've done a few QSO's with it, but there's got to
be a better way.

My mode of choice is RTTY, and I use the free MMTTY software.  Haven't
had as much luck with it on the Win 7 pc, but just reinstalled it on the
XP computer after a HD crash and reformat.   Seems to be receiving well,
and as I type, am copying  XE3DX calling CQ from Mexico on 20 meters.
Incoming text is reading well so far.

BTW, someone on 20 meter psk is using a screen reader.   The voice is
going out over the air, either as direct transmission, or being picked
up by an open mic.   Hard for me to tell what it is saying, but it is
definatly JFW, WE, or Microsoft narrator.

73, Steve KW3A