From:
David W Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2003 06:51:40 +0100
Kevin and Dave

the filtering for CW in the Tentek rigs is superior to the TS2000 and
certainly the TS570, which even with the 250Hz filter installed, as I
have in mine, the front end is like a door for a 747 hanger!

The cleanliness of the transmitted tone is superb on the Tentek rigs,
and less harsh than that on the TS2000.

Tentek are notoriously inaccessible unfortunately, but I agree with Dave
that occasionally a trade-off has to be made.  On that basis, I use an
FT1000mp in my main shack.
The TS2000 at my /p QTH the TS570 is my reserve and portable rig.

The later Icom rigs are notably bad at receiving CW.

Sorry about the unsolicited ancillary comments, but thought they may be
of interest.

I can't say anything about SSB as I have only had half a dozen or so
QSOs using that mode among the 15000 in my PC log.

Incidentally Dave, pity you didn't get on the air to join FOC.

73 de G3YXX

In message <[log in to unmask]>, Dave
Hillebrandt <[log in to unmask]> writes

--