From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Aug 2013 07:00:54 -0400
Hi Fred,

Congrats on the new setup.  You mentioned high and low swr points  on
75/80.  Did you test at intervals across the band to see if it dips low
anywhere?  You may want to  contact the manufacturer with your height
dimensions and swr info.   They may be able to give some pointers that
may avoid a lot of trial and error.    Since this thing works
harmonically   on the higher bands (40, 20, 10) a major change   in
overall length  to adjust 75/80 may have unintended results on the other
bands.

I wonder if getting one or both ends up higher  than 10 feet would do
anything  positive?

Because of the harmonics involved, an 80 meter OFC antenna isn't really
designed to work on 30/15 meters.  Depending on installation and your
particular tuner it can sometimes be tuned there, or not, as you see
with your setup.   If 15 meters is important to you, you can add a
parallel dipole off the same feed point cut for 30 meters and  fed off
center.   This would then give you a harmonic resonance on 15, but this
may  be more than you want to get involved with right now.

Mike KD2CDU checked in to the 40 meter roundtable yesterday with his new
OFC antenna and he was  louder than I have ever heard him.

73, good luck, Steve KW3A