Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2007 18:21:45 -0400
hi Ron,
I now live in Connecticut but formally lived in Florida.  I was licensed in
1976 and had antennas up until I came up here in 1994.  Yes, I agree that
there is a possibility of lightening but I have never seen an antenna get
overloaded with ice down there.  It doesn't matter where you live, there are
drawbacks to living there especially where it comes to antennas etc.  73

Walt
WA4QXT
New London CT