From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 2013 10:57:01 -0400
I haven't tested qrz.com for a few months.  But many websites are becoming
more and more dynamic.  If you hit Enter on a link and nothing happens, even
if you are running a recent version of JAWS or Window-Eyes, try using the
screen reader's refresh key (insert-escape for JAWS; insert-backslash for
Window-Eyes) and re-examine the page.  There are standard ways to do these
things, which recent screen readers will do better, but not everybody
follows guidelines such as ARIA.  I have to re-establish my qrz credentials,
and the last time I tried to do this, part of the server was down.  I just
tried it with IE 9 and Window-Eyes 8.2.  Your cursor lands in the callsign
search box near the top of the page, and browse mode is off (forms mode on)
ready for you to input a callsign.  If you want to look around instead, with
Window-Eyes you use ctrl-shift-A or you tab a few times.  The page is
cluttered, but it doesn't seem nearly as crazy as Facebook.