From:
tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 2009 20:37:06 -0600
Hi, folks.

I had a few minutes this evening, so decided to write up a little preamble
for our Sunday evening Cross-country Blind Ops net.

I'm sure it's not perfect, but I'd like to see how it plays this Sunday
evening, if it is ok with the group.

The preamble was adapted partly from the net script KF5UB sent me, but I've
thrown in some additional items on my own.

Let me know what you think.

Here goes:

Cross-country Blind Ops Net Preamble

Good evening, everyone.  This is   ---------, Net Control for this   session
of   the   Cross-Country Blind Ops Sunday Evening HF net.  My name
   -------------, and I am located in ----------.  This net meets every
Sunday evening at 0000 Z, on or near 7217 KHZ lower side band on the 40
meter band. This is not a traffic net, but we will attempt to assist in
handling emergency situations or traffic if necessary.  Anyone with priority
or emergency traffic should feel free to break in as needed.

This net is dedicated to fellowship, and the exchange of topics and ideas
relevant to blind hams, or the amateur radio community in general.

All are welcome to check in.  Check-ins will be taken one at a time, and
will be asked to make a transmission when their position on the net check-in
list is reached.

Stand-bys also will be taken periodically throughout the net for additional
check-ins.

This is ----------, now standing by for net check-ins.