From:
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2013 10:25:18 -0500
I'm still not making myself clear for some reason. I know all about antenna
theory, antennas for different bands, DB gain, front-to-back ratio, etc.,
etc.

I am asking which brands and models of commercially available ham antennas
seem to be the best. Again, I know what they claim and what they report or
publish, but what has been your experiences from a real-world, hands-on,
operational point of view. It is like the rig that, on paper, has all of the
others beat in every functional specification, but if the rig is cheaply
constructed and keeps burning up parts, then, no matter what they report on
paper the specs are, the rig is still a piece of junk! The same goes for
commercial ham antennas. If it is rated for 1500 PEP, but when you put more
than 1 KW into it, it burns up the traps, then, no matter what the specs are
on paper, it is a piece of junk!

So, from your experiences, which brands and models seem to really be the
best?

Ron, K8HSY