From:
Eric Oyen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jul 2015 11:38:04 -0700
I had one of those years ago. Believe me, they do have an effect. when properly utilized, they can reduce or eliminate RF bites around the shack.

btw, if you build a VCO using an XR-2206 function generator and calibrate it for no tone at zero point on the meter, you can get it to work really fast. I wish I still had my old one. btw, that same circuit can be used on any cross needle SWR bridge, only needing the extra one for the reflected reading. THat and a set of stereo headphones and you can  tune the antenna with a minimum of fuss. There is also an antenna noise bridge that you can use too. EIther method can work for the blind ham.

-eric