From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2014 22:54:18 -0600
if this is a uniden model, uniden used to offer the entire manual read on
tape for free.  this was about 13 or 14 years ago mind you, but I thought it
was pretty cool at the time.
Have you not looked at an online version of the manual? user groups forums?
articles etc?  Radio shack type scanners also used to have their manuals in
accessible format on the web.

what happens when you punch pro-197 scanner into google?

73
Colin, V A6BKX