From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2010 22:34:04 -0400
I'm involved in RACES and ARES and have setup temporary setups, likewise
have done enough special events to know, the last thing I want to deal with
is a computer controlled radio, it's one more thing to draw power we need to
save, and naturally that's when the computer will break or give a headache
and in an emergency is not the time for that. With the special event
stations I used to setup, I may set up a computer up for packet for a
demonstration, once in a while for logging but that was it, never to control
a radio.