BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rev Clyde Shideler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 02:10:08 -0500
Hello all,

A story in yesterdays San Diego Union Tribune tells about a lady and her
lawyer taking possible action against the City, the Stadium and others. (It
may be on their web site) There are many ADA Violations at the stadium
inspite of recent extensive remodeling.  The article states this could
endanger the Super Bowl.

Our organization, San Diego ADAPT, is in support of this action and we have
contacted our attorney about possible action to insure access at the
stadium for ALL PWD.

BTW. for those in CA.  Cyndi Jones and her friends, with letter help has
gotten the City of San Diego to reverse its decision to support Sacramento
in the Sidewalk issue.  Those in the south part of the county will take
action and work to reverse decisions by other cities in the southern part
of the county. We will be working on those cities in the northern part of
the county.

Happy Holidays

Rev Clyde Shideler