BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Catalina Colaci <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 1998 18:12:27 -0800
Greetings from the Yukon !
I have been a silent participant in this list for a while. As a
professional working with adults with disabilities, I find the exchange of
information extremely interesting as well as educational.
In one of the listservs I subscribe to the following request was sent:

"I am looking for information regarding providers of Braille signs, such as
room numbers and office names.  We are getting ready to buy braille signs
for our campus, but have found very few suppliers.  Who supplies such
signage?  Is it safe to assume that such signage meets ADAAG?  Or if not, what
guidelines do others use?  I am desperate for some suggestions regarding
suppliers."

It should be noted that the message above appeared in the Disabled Students
Services in Higher Education listserv. By the end of the day, 4 people sent
a "me to" note.

Is anyone out there that can help me finding the info? I will share it with
the rest of my colleagues.

Thanks a bunch

Catalina Colaci         e-mail(home) <[log in to unmask]>

33 Turner Cres
Whitehorse, Yukon       CANADA
Y1A 5R2