BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rev Clyde Shideler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 01:57:23 -0500
Hello all,

I just finished listening to this hearing on C-span2.  It seems the VA was
hit hard about fraud, waste and abuse by the IG in their care of Vets.
There was some interesting testimony about long term care and nursing
homes.  It seems they have a push on to get more into nursing homes and
getting more nusing home facilities.  They are also asking congress for a
bill to allow them to charge "enrollment fees of $250 and co-payment fees".

The site to look at is veterans.house.gov

I did not access this site so if anyone gets a transcript I would
appreciate a copy.

BTW I would be remiss if I did not tell you that the VA has a longstanding
serious problem with PWD discrimination.

Rev Clyde Shideler