BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Al Gilman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:16:11 -0400
At 02:06 PM 2003-10-22, you wrote:
>I am totally new to software developement but want to make an audio
>Russian Bible on MP3 accessible to the blind.

You should carefully review what can be done with the DAISY 3 format,
in which the audio can be MP3.  This is an international standard
developed by a cooperative effort among the Blind libraries of the world.
Your users can play many books developed around the world and you don't
have to develop the player yourself.

Or even DAISY 2.02 for the time being.

More information at:

  http://www.daisy.org/