BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tom Wlodkowski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 15:42:50 -0400
Message Body (14 lines)
I apologize for the cross-posting.

 Check out the newly updated CD-ROM Access Project web pages by following the CD-ROM link off the home page for the CPB/WGBH National Center for Accessible Media (NCAM): http://www.wgbh.org/ncam to access the information described below:

As part of NCAM's National Science Foundation funded project to develop and disseminate guidelines to aid software developers in making science and math-based multimedia more accessible to blind and visually impaired students, we have recently concluded a thorough access analysis of 16 widely used science and math products on the market today. Now, on our web site, you can read the findings from our analyses.

-Based on our analyses, we have proposed an array of solutions that address specific access barriers. Visit our web site to learn more about some of the solutions we plan to prototype this year.

-Looking for a user-friendly multimedia encyclopedia? Check out our report on how four of the major multimedia encyclopedias performed with a variety of screen readers and magnifiers. We have also included a set of software selection guidelines that we hope will be of some assistance to those of you who are considering purchasing multimedia software in the near future.

After visiting our site, we'd appreciate any feedback you may have concerning our project. In the meantime, feel free to send any questions you have to me directly at [log in to unmask]

Thanks for your time!