BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rev Clyde Shideler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 01:44:11 -0500
Hello all,

The judge continues to permit the NFL, City of San Diego and others to
violate ADA and State Civil Rights Laws dealing with disabled access to the
Qualcomm stadium.  In fact, they have removed most of the handicapped
parking.  No personal vehicles will be allowed in the stadium parking lot,
so it won't matter they said.  Many seats that were set up special for
those who use wheelchairs have also been removed.  Of course, access issues
that affect people who are deaf/HOH or blind/VI and other PWD have ALL BEEN
TOTALLY IGNORED.

The Judge is Federal court Judge Leo Papas. I have limited address and
phone for him but possibly you can find something at:   www.govengine.com
 or one of the other government sites.  If you do please share it with us.
Here is the address and phone info that I do have.  Let's let them know
what we think of their failure to provide access.  Remember, Time is
running out.

U.S. Federal Court
880 Front St
San Diego, CA
619-557-5600

Judge Leo Papas
619-557-6384

Mayor Dick Murphy
City of San Diego
202 "C" St
San Diego, CA 92101
619-236-6330
fax 619-236-7228

David Washburn --  Reporter who has been doing the stories (a FRIEND to
PWD)  A BIG THANK YOU TO HIM AND THE PAPER MIGHT HELP
San Diego Union Tribune

Thank you

Rev Clyde Shideler