BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jon J Post <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 00:06:09 +0600
I am totally new to software developement but want to make an audio
Russian Bible on MP3 accessible to the blind.

Please tell me what programs and ideas would be most useful.

My ideas:
1) an auto-start program
2) which opens an audio copyright notice and simple navigation
instructions
3) followed by an audio index of the Bible sections and (if they don't
pick a section) a list of the 66 books.
If they do pick a section (ex. Paul's Letters), then it lists the books
within that section, and when one is selected (by the enter key or mouse
click?) then a list of the chapters within that book.  The audio starts
when they select a chapter, or, if they don't pick any, then with chapter
one.

I will try to find out what keys are commonly used here for navigation
within programs.  If there is an international standard for this, we
could introduce it in our CDs.   Currently, I believe the only computers
used by the blind in Kyrgyzstan are 3 computers at the library for the
blind here in the capital of Bishkek.  I hope to develope a library of
resources available to them and so would like to follow any standards for
navigation keys if they exist.  Also these CDs hopefully could be used
throughout the CIS and Europe.  Please send suggestions to me at

Many thanks,

 Jon Post

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!