AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jim Breene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 May 1998 22:54:59 -0400
To the EASI network:

I have talked with Joy Kniskern, director of the Georgia Tools for Life
Project about the topic and questions she has enumerated below.  I can't
think of a better place to go than the people in the EASI network.  Tool for
Life is the Technology Related Assistance funded project in Georgia.  Joy
has been active in the disability support efforts since I first met her in 1986.

If you can offer any advice based on your experiences, please address them
directly to Joy.  With all her other activities, she does not monitor the
EASI discussion and I am traveling quite a bit due to family illness.  If
you would be so kind as to copy me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for your assistance.

Jim

>Sender: "Kniskern, Joy" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Jim Breene <[log in to unmask]>
>Cc: Christopher Lee <[log in to unmask]>
>
>I am interested in gathering information about "best" practice strategies
>and assistive technology interventions by universities, businesses and
>other social service programs for older students (16+) and adults with
>learning disabilities, particularly in England and outside of the United
>States.  What innovative practices are you using to (1) identiy (2) assess
>(3) and provide interventions to integrate these creative learners into
>mainstream education and work?
>
>Joy
>Georgia Tools for Life
>e-mail: [log in to unmask]