AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Schmetzke, Axel" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
EASI's Library Accessibility Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2006 17:18:03 -0500
Dear fellow librarians and accessibility advocates,

I'm in the process of updating my list of library policies that include
an accessible web/online resources component of one kind or another:

http://library.uwsp.edu/aschmetz/Accessible/pub_resources.htm#LibPol

If you know of any additional policies, either at your own or at other
libraries, please let me know. I hope to make this list as comprehensive
as possible; any pointers will be appreciated. (A copy or URL pointing
to the policy would be ideal.)

In particular (but not exclusively), I'm looking for collection
development policies that include accessibility as a selection criterion
for online resources (indexes, databases, e-books, e-journals, etc.).
I'm currently aware of only five collection/acquisition/selection-type
policies with a web/online accessibility component:

http://library.uwsp.edu/aschmetz/Accessible/pub_resources.htm#ColPol

I'm also curious about any campus-wide online accessibility policies
that may have a direct bearing on the way libraries go about procuring
digital resources from outside vendors. An example would be my own
campus' "Online Accessibility Policy" at
http://www.uwsp.edu/it/policies/accessibility/AccessibilityPolicy.htm,
which requires that accessibility must be considered, among other
criteria, when the procurement of an online resource is discussed. (Not
to be misunderstood: On my campus, accessibility is not required for
procurement; but a product's (in)accessibility must be taken into
consideration in the decision making process.) Again, any pointers would
be appreciated.

Thank you very much, and my apology for the cross-listing.

Axel (Schmetzke)

****************************
Axel Schmetzke, Ph.D.
Professor
Library
University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point
715-346-4658

Check out EASI New Synchronous Clinics:
http://easi.cc/clinic.htm
EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi
Online courses  and Clinics http://easi.cc/workshop.htm
Check the EASI Library Web http://www.rit.edu/~easi/lib.htm

>>> Error in line 8 of AXSLIB-L.MAILTPL: unknown formatting command <<<