AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Nissen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 10:22:18 GMT
Hello Harvey,

<blush, blush> Thanks for pointing out that we've failed to update
the front page of the WordAloud site when we put up a fresh copy
of WordAloud.   The new expiry date is at the end of October.
However we are only extending the special offer price for a personal
copy till the 12th of September.

I described the software as a "reader cum browser", because WordAloud
has only limited browsing capabilities, and we have been marketing
the software as an off-line reader.  Furthermore, some facilities
have been masked off in the evaluation version, such as the ability
to type in a URL and go to the corresponding page.  However, with the
evaluation version you can open any text files (including saved web pages)
on a disc drive in the computer.  If a file is marked up in HTML,
you can follow any links that are embedded in the file; and there is
a back button for returning.  The links can be of either the file or
the http form, for local pages or web pages respectively.

I would like to discuss with you, Harvey, when it would be appropriate
for WordAloud to be included in the WAI resources page.

Cheers from Chiswick,

John
--

--
Access the word, access the world! -- Try our WordAloud software!!

John Nissen, Cloudworld Ltd., Chiswick, London, UK
Tel:   +44 (0) 845 458 3944 (local rate in the UK)
Fax:   +44 (0) 20 8742 8715
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web:   http://www.cloudworld.co.uk and http://www.wordaloud.co.uk