AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Prof Norm Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 2003 21:22:33 -0700
Advanced Barrier-free Web Design starting June 2 is EASI's second course on
accessible web design.  All courses are online, month-long, interactive and
also instructor-led.
http://easi.cc/workshops/advwbsyl.htm

While we call it an advanced course, it is an advanced accessible web
design course for people who are not professional web designers, for people
who find themselves creating more and more pages and wanting to move up a
notch in the sophistication of their design.  However, it still assumes the
designer is relying primarily on authoring tools to help them especial
WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editors.  We strive to keep the
technological jargon to a minimum.  We also believe that a designer needs
to have a sense of how a person with a disability experiences the web and
we do not merely provide technical hoops for the designer to jump through.

Are you creating your own web pages?
Are you creating pages for your department?
Are you putting your course material online?
Then this course is for you!

Syllabus and registration is at:
http://easi.cc/workshops/advwbsyl.htm

EASI's basic overview course on making computer systems and information
technology systems accessible, Barrier-free Information Technology, also
begins on June 2:
http://easi.cc/workshop.htm

EASI June Courses http://easi.cc/workshop.htm
Barrier-free Information Technology
Advanced Barrier-free Web Design
Learning Disabilities and Accessible Information Technology
                Norman Coombs
CEO EASI (Equal Access to Software and Information)
(949) 922-5992 (cell)