AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Prof Norm Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
EASI's Library Accessibility Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 2004 12:09:30 -0700
If it's broke, we'll help YOU fix it!

The World Wide Web Consortium Web Accessibility Initiative and the US
Federal Access Board provide guidelines and standards for Web designers to
create Web pages that are fully accessible to users with disabilities and
users of special adaptive computer technology while still being dynamic and
visually exciting.  However, many Web pages have not yet adopted these
guidelines and standards.  We do not want to fix your pages.  We want to
help you learn how to do it easily and efficiently for yourself.  We do
that by providing courses in accessible Web design that you can take online.

Monday August 2 is the starting date for 2 month-long, instructor-led courses:
Beginner Barrier-free Web Design http://easi.cc/workshops/easiweb.htm
Advanced Barrier-free Web Design http://easi.cc/workshops/advwbsyl.htm
Anyone completing 5 of EASI's courses will earn the Certificate in
Accessible Information Technology.

The links above take you to a syllabus and online registration for each
course.  EASI have delivered online courses to some 5,000 people in over 3
dozen countries since 1993.  We take the jargon out of technology so you
can better focus on creating exciting accessible content.

EASI annual institutional membership provides an integrated, comprehensive
set of training and consulting opportunities to provide support to your
development of a barrier-free information technology institution:
http://easi.cc/sub.htm

-----------------------
EASI Courses for August
** A package of 5 courses earn the Certificate in Accessible Information
Technology
Beginner Barrier-free Web Design http://easi.cc/workshops/easiweb.htm
Advanced Barrier-free Web Design http://easi.cc/workshops/advwbsyl.htm

Norman Coombs, Ph.D.EASI also provides live, hour-long presentations on
adaptive technology http://easi.cc/clinic.htm

CEO EASI (Equal Access to Software and Information)
22196 Caminito Tasquillo
Laguna Hills CA 92653
Home: (949)  855-4852
Cell: (949) 922-5992
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Web: www.rit.edu/~nrcgsh

Check out EASI New Synchronous Clinics:
http://easi.cc/clinic.htm
EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi
Online courses  and Clinics http://easi.cc/workshop.htm
Check the EASI Library Web http://www.rit.edu/~easi/lib.htm

>>> Error in line 8 of AXSLIB-L.MAILTPL: unknown formatting command <<<