AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Audrey J. Gorman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 11:51:26 -0600
I want to be sure that everyone understands that I didn't intend to exclude
any of our other worthy accessibility advocates, particularly my friend
Ellen, when I sent out the call to vote for Donna Dziedzic. Two things
converged: (1) Donna asked me to send the information to the people and
groups I'm in contact with regularly and (2) I thought that some of you,
while familiar with Ellen, Veronda Pitchford, and others who advocate for
accessibility, might not know Donna.

Personally, I always read all of the material sent with the ballots. I
choose candidates who I know and respect first, then I look for
lesser-known people whose views seem to be congruent with mine. Natuarally,
one of the key areas of congruence is accessibility, with its many facets.
I'm sure a lot of you do the same. Still, it's not impossible to miss
someone whose approach you might want to support. Just wanted to be sure
that none of you missed Donna.

Bottom line: join ALA and vote! It's one of the best ways to get our
message into the mainstream.

BTW, more to come soon on some of the ideas the group raised for action at
ALA Annual.

Cheers!
Audrey