AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
julia allegrini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 11:27:04 -0500
Audrey,
I have heard of this or something similiar.  The systems people I work with, while intrigued with the possibilities are sceptical about
the usefulness, in terms of 1. the amount of time downloading  MP3 files, and the amount of hardware that people would need to have to
make it work.

I would have questions about the feasibility of using it for web sites that contain anything other than basic text, and even then I
would think (being more familiar with screen readers than MP3) that moving auditorially through links would be very difficult. I would
have similar questions about Java scripts etc.

I would be interested in knowing what else you hear.

Julia Allegrini