AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Prof Norm Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 12:28:15 -0700
                        Webcast interview with Trey Duffy, President of AHEAD
http://www.rit.edu/~easi and select the link either for webcasts or for
site index.

Webcast posted on April 12, Trey Duffy, President of AHEAD discusses the
Association of Higher Education And Disabilities and its conference this
July.  AHEAD is the leading organization of higher education staff who
provide services to students with disabilities.  Trey also works in the DSS
center at the University of Wisconsin.  In the interview, Trey comments on
today's crucial importance of providing students with disabilities access
to information technology:

Duffy says: The only thing I would add is that as an Association and as
professionals in this field, I do not think we see any greater issue or
threat to the equal access of students with disabilities than access to
information technology.  And the impact that technology has on individuals,
particularly in education.

EASI is pleased to be providing preconference workshop in Portland.