AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Susan Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
EASI's Library Accessibility Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2008 09:15:31 +1100
Thanks for raising this question. I'm about to try ours out!

We have several ways students can contact us, apart from in person or phone.

We offer both a library email and an email webform, sms and virtual chat. Our ITS department did not allow us to use IM so we've gone with Live person, which is supposedly hacker proof. I'm not sure if screen reader software works with it, which is why I'm going to check. Today.

regards,
Susan Roberts
OUA, Distance and Disability Liaison Librarian
Swinburne university of Technology
Lilydale Campus
Victoria,
Australia

>>> Prof Norm Coombs <[log in to unmask]> 9/11/2008 10:44 am >>>
I realize that libraries are increasingly having facilities put online.  I
know some have ways to answer online questions by email or chat or such.
My question is whether any library has worked to provide ways to answer the
questions of online patrons with disabilities including having a system
that will interact with screen reader software?????

If anyone can help the gap in my knowledge, please email me.
Norman Coombs
CEO EASI (Equal Access to Software and Information
(949) 855-4852 (pacific time zone)

---------------------------
Check out EASI New Synchronous Clinics:
http://easi.cc/clinic.htm
EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi
Online courses  and Clinics http://easi.cc/workshop.htm
Check the EASI Library Web http://www.rit.edu/~easi/lib.htm

>>> Error in line 8 of AXSLIB-L.MAILTPL: unknown formatting command <<<

-----
Swinburne University of Technology
CRICOS Provider Code: 00111D

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended only for the use of the addressee. They may contain information that is privileged or protected by copyright. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution, printing, copying or use is strictly prohibited. The University does not warrant that this e-mail and any attachments are secure and there is also a risk that it may be corrupted in transmission. It is your responsibility to check any attachments for viruses or defects before opening them. If you have received this transmission in error, please contact us on +61 3 9214 8000 and delete it immediately from your system. We do not accept liability in connection with computer virus, data corruption, delay, interruption, unauthorised access or unauthorised amendment.