AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 19:30:07 -0500
Hello Group,

As the newcomer and late arrival, I say Hi to everyone and hope everyone
receives this message.

A brief history - I am currently the employee responsible for Adaptive
Technologies within Canada Customs and Revenue Agency (formerly known as
Revenue Canada).  Wonder how many find this news, new to their ears.  Don't
worry, you are not alone.

I have been with the fed's for 24 years.  Starting out in the late 70's with
then unpolitically correct Manpower and Immigration as a Typist and moving
on to become a trainer on the old Word Processing Equipment.  From there I
moved to Energy, Mines and Resources (not sure what where name is now) and
trained on word processing packages on the early forms of personal
computers.  I then moved on to Revenue Canada training extensively on word
processing packages until the dawn of the local area network.  I installed
40 LAN's across Canada and provided the central support (with one other very
talented lady) for approx. 5 years.  Word Processing centers went the way of
the dinasour and then I moved on to providing HelpDesk support for our
Directorate.  I moved from their just about a year ago to the world of
interactive voice recognition in the TIPS section of Revenue Canada.
Looking for a challenege, when the Adaptive Technologies section was looking
for a new rookie, I accepted the role.

As we are now a newly created Agency and at the end of the fiscal year will
have no access to the Public Service Commission for loans of adaptive
technologies, we are running our own shop and hope to provide the same
service for CCRA staff.

I look forward to working with all the participants and meeting and
exchanging ideas as we progress.